Friday, March 21, 2014

Forever 30 | NYC Fashion Blogger Samantha Angelo

When trying to find the words to describe how excited I am about turning 30, I'm left speechless.

Only a 90's Whitney can adequately relay my inner most emotions on this impending decade of my 30's. And the supreme love, joy and excitement I feel!!!




 
On the eve of my 30th birthday, I couldn't help but reflect on my 20's.

It actually hurts my brain to think of how much could happen in my 30's after all that took place in my 20's. Ouch!

Here are 10 life lessons that I've learned over the past decade, that have brought me to this joyous day of celebration! 


#10

This lesson is from my father, he had me read the Desiderata all the time growing up, and he continues to tell me to turn to it when I need to. This is the greatest mantra for life I've ever read. One of my favorite lines - " If you compare yourself to others, you may become vain and bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself."

#9 

Always remember the 4 D's of success. Determination + Dedication + Drive + Desire = Success/ Something Awesome, and you can even throw in Desiderata for good measure.

#8

 So many people in the world are filled with pain and they wish to have all the people around them feel how they feel. Whether they set out to or not they drain those around them of joy and happiness...to make themselves feel better. Wisdom: It wasn't the fault of the evil, it was my own fault for associating myself with them. Hone in on and sharpen your intuition, go with your gut reaction. Learning how to be more perceptive is the key. Know who to associate with and who to stay far away from.

 #7

Compassion is a beautiful thing. Exercise compassion everyday.

#6

We adapt, we survive. This week I saw two blind people walking down the busy streets of Manhattan. Talk about fearless, now that is inspiration. Have faith that we adapt. 

#5

 People can not be rescued by anyone but themselves. 

#4


There were times in last decade when I questioned whether I was too nice, too good to others, only because of the treatment I so often received in return. I thought, maybe there's no place in the world for people who are genuine and good, who are too often stepped on by the majority of people in the world who are takers and those who have deep seeded problems, who find enjoyment in the torment of all that is good and righteous.

In the end I decided that people would have to adapt to the good, the genuine, not the other way around. I won't be influenced by evil and facades , I will be a leader of all that is good and righteous. 

#3 

You'd be surprised at how much you can handle and recover from. Get out of your head. Sometimes when things are awful in the 'Now' it's hard to see anything else, but you have to repeat to yourself,  "things will change, things will get better." That's the one guarantee in life, change. Embrace it, don't fight it.

#2

Things don't just happen, you have to fight for the life that you dream of and envision every single day.

#1

The greatest lesson learned from during my 20's is most definitely perseverance. Don't ever give up on your own personal beliefs and values, even if they aren't the norm , especially if they are not the norm. The unique love or ______ that you crave and deserve is out there, go find it and don't rest until you do! 



Again, I'll let  80's Whitney describe how I'll be feeling tonight...



Thanks for the help Ms. Houston!!We're gunna party like it's 1984!

No comments:

Post a Comment