Friday, June 20, 2014

Sydney Evan Jewelry

 A little piece of Rosanne Karmes good karma


Yesterday I found my way over to Bergdorf Goodman for the Sydney Evan custom charm and bead event, and had the pleasure of meeting designer Rosanne Karmes, the woman behind the wildly popular fine jewelry line.  

I first discovered Rosanne’s gorgeous, delicate and whimsical designs last year at this time, while searching for jewelry for my wedding day. I was immediately drawn to Sydney Evan, as all the pieces spoke to me in an elegant, timeless, and understated way. I settled on her evil eye bracelet and I’ve never taken it off. 

Photo by Fiona Conrad
 Rosanne designs pieces that you want to live in; when you look down on your wrist or graze your fingertips against the encouraging words on your necklace it brings you positivity, protection, and for the superstitious, luck. Meeting Rosanne only gave me more reason to want to wear her lucky charms. She is the physical embodiment of her designs: a positive presence, kind, and genuinely interested in the women who wear her jewelry. She's a role model as well, never having financial help to start and grow her business, she did it all on her own.

 Rosanne makes a conscious effort to price her trend setting designs more reasonably than her fellow competitors, not because the pieces are worth any less, but because she wants the jewelry to be attainable to the women she designs for so that her valued customers can purchase the jewelry for themselves.


One of my favorite charms from the new collection :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment